Upper Body Push/Pull Workout
Happy St Patrick’s Day and #WorkoutWednesday! ☘️
Today is your lucky day! Personal Trainer @hannahrosenewmanfit shares her Upper Body Push/Pull Workout for this St Patty’s Day-inspired pump.
Equipment Needed: KoreTense
Estimated Time: 45 Minutes
3 – 4 sets / 10 reps each
30 second rest between exercises
1. Shoulder Press
- With your feet shoulder-width apart, stand in the middle of your KoreTense resistance band, anchoring it beneath your feet.
- Begin with your palms facing the sky and your arms in the air bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Extend your arms straight upward, while keeping your back straight.
- Repeat for 4 sets of 10 reps.
2. Supported Bicep Curl
- Secure KoreTense to the bottom of a door at ankle height.
- From a seated position and your leg bent at a 45-degree angle, rest your elbow on your knee for support.
- With a firm grip, wrap your hand around KoreTense with your palm facing up.
- Complete a curl, pulling the band to your chest and keeping your elbow on your knee.
- Complete 10 reps with each arm – 3 sets.
3. Tricep Extension
- Anchor KoreTense to the top of a door.
- Facing the door, with your knees bent slightly, grip KoreTense in one hand with your palm facing down.
- Begin with your hand at chest-level and extend it downward, keeping your elbows tight to your body.
- Repeat for 10 reps with each arm – 3 sets.
4. Lateral Raise
- Anchor KoreTense to the bottom of a door at ankle level.
- With your feet shoulder-width apart, stand sideways and KoreTense gripped in the hand furthest from the door.
- Keeping your arm as straight as possible, pull and extend it outward, away from the door.
- Repeat for 3 sets of 10 reps on each arm.
5. Band Pull Apart
- This one is simple. Once again, begin with feet together and grasp the KoreTense in both hands with your arms straight out in front of you.
- Keeping your arms straight, pull the band as far apart as you can.
- Complete 4 sets of 10 reps.
Recommended Equipment: KoreSphere
Estimated Time: 5 - 10 minutes
Before your workout, be sure to throw KoreSphere in a bowl of hot water so that you’re prepped for post-workout thermotherapy. Heat therapy is a great way to sooth strained muscles by helping eliminate the buildup of lactic acid. 10 minutes of heat therapy after your lift will reduce soreness so that you can wake up tomorrow recovered and ready to do it all again.