Lower Body Burner
Get those legs moving this #WorkoutWednesday!
Online Personal Trainer Dex brings the energy (…and the dance moves) this week with his Lower Body Burner,
Equipment Needed: None
Estimated Time: 30 Minutes
3 sets / 12 reps each
1 minute rest between sets
1. Deadlift Squat
- Beginning with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend forward at the waist and reach down to touch your toes. Be sure to keep your back straight, not slumped.
- Then, lower into a deep squat while extending your arms forward.
- Raise yourself back to a standing position with arms still extended.
- Repeat until you complete 12 reps.
2. Kneel to Jump
- Drop into a kneeling position with your hands behind your head, back straight and knees shoulder-width apart.
- One foot at a time, step up to push yourself into a standing position.
- Once standing, complete the rep with a small hop (this should be similar to the hop you would do in a burpee exercise).
- One foot at a time, lower yourself back to your knees and into the starting position.
- Repeat for 12 reps.
3. Twist Squat
- Begin with your feet shoulder with apart.
- Take one small hop off both feet and twist at the waist to the right. Then take another small hop and twist to the left (imagine you are on a pair of skis).
- On the third hop, face forward and lower into a deep squat before lifting yourself back to starting position.
- Pick a pace and stay consistent with it throughout the exercise.
- Repeat for 12 reps.
4. Lunge to High Knee
- Once again, begin with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Starting with your right leg, extend backwards into a lunge, keeping your left leg forward and bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Then, push off your left leg and raise your right leg toward your chest.
- Lower your right leg back to the lunge position and repeat the exercise.
- Complete 6 reps with your right leg, then switch to the left leg and complete 6 more reps.
Recommended Equipment: KoreSurge
Estimated Time: 5 - 10 minutes
After this one, be ready to feel the burn in your legs. Take some time to recover using KoreSurge on your aching muscles, specifically your hamstrings and quads. The localized vibration therapy pulverizes tight muscles for immediate repair and relief so that soreness won’t stick around all day.